Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

my puppy is doing poop in the night and eating it

Customer Question

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This is a common instinctive behavior in young dogs called Coprophagy. This most often will resolve once your puppy matures and is house broken. You did not say how old your puppy is but this wil resolve on its own. Until then, there is a product called Forbid that can be purchased at the pet store and when sprinkled on the feces, will discourage your puppy from eating these items. Very hot Tabasco Sauce will also do the job.
This LINK will explain in more detail.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****