Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

my 9week old puppy ***** ***** hasrunny poo with blood in

Customer Question

my 9week old puppy ***** ***** hasrunny poo with blood in it i think i mite of even saw a clott in it
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting?
2- Did she get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?
3- Has she been dewormed?
4- Is she lethargic?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

SHE HASBEEN WORMED NOT LATHARGIC VERY ENERGETIC, I HAV A FEELING THAT WEN I GOT HER I WAS SHE WAS 8 WEEKS OLD BUT PEOPLE HAV SAID SHE PROB WAS ONLY 6 WEEKS AND SHOULD OF STIL BE HER MUM ANOTHER THING IT IS FULLY BRINDLE ALOVER EXCEPT WHITE UNDER CHIN ITS BEEN SAID THAT TO ME IT CANT BE JACK COS OF HE COLOURGETTING BACK TO HER POO IT VERY DARK

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Angie, her age should not be a factor in the diarrhea and blood you are seeing. There are many different conditions that can cause bloody diarrhea. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands on examination and some testing. But, common causes are: Dietary indiscretion, ingestion of a foreign body, infections, etc. to name a few causes. This is what you can do until she is seen by family veterinarian:

1- Do not give things like Pepto Bismol or imodium. You see, stopping the diarrhea with medication can make things worst if this is related to an infection or ingestion of a foreign body.

2- Change her diet to rice (50%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) until the stool is back to normal then wean her back into her regular diet.

3- Supplement with a probiotic (fortiflora), these are friendly bacterias that help with regularity. You can buy this over the counter in any pet store.

4- Follow up with your family veterinarian for a hands on examination.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT A JACK BE FULL BRINDLE

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Are you referring to the color of his coat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES TOTTALY WHITE BIT UNDER CHIN THE SAME AS GREYHOUND AND STAFFS I HAD LOTS OF JACK BUT NOT THIS COLOUR

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Angie, if his color his brindle, then he is brindle. But, this has nothing to do with the bloody diarrhea. There is no connection.