Dr. Christie
Dr. Christie, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 7 years of practice
16703648

our minature Beagle is coming up 3 years old and she has been

Customer Question

our minature Beagle is coming up 3 years old and she has been fantastic at sleeping through the night all of a sudden in the last 2 weeks she has started barking and rattling the kitchen door after we have gone to bed ... she has always been fine and settled down intil these last 2 weeks .... any ideas what could have happened and what we need to do? thanks
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Christie replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Christie :

This is Dr. Christie! I am a licensed veterinarian and would like to try to assist you!

Dr. Christie :

I have a few quick questions concerning Belle!

Dr. Christie :

Is she asking to go outside when this occurs?

Dr. Christie :

Will she go out and urinate or have a bowel movement?

Dr. Christie :

If she does have a bowel movement does it appear normal?

Dr. Christie :

Has anything in her schedule changed - feeding times, walks, company in the house, construction in the house, etc?

Dr. Christie :

Any new stray animals hanging around outside that you've seen?

Dr. Christie :

Will she settle down after a bit? Thank you in advance for your replies!

JACUSTOMER-gf9bcgce- :

4:23 PM

4:24 PM

4:24 PM

4:24 PM

Will she settle down after a bit? Thank you in advance for your replies

JACUSTOMER-gf9bcgce- :

Is she asking to go outside when this occurs? NO SHE HAS NEVER ASKED TO GO OUT IN THE NIGHT BEFORE WE LEAVE A PUPPY PAD OUT JUST INCASE, BUT IT GETS USED 1 OR 2 A WEEK, SOMETHINS IT'S NOT USED FOR 2 WEEKS

Will she go out and urinate or have a bowel movement? SHE WILL IF WE LET HERE OUT SHE'S VERY GOOD AT LETTING US KNOW WHEN SHE NEEDS A TOILET ...

4:23 PM

If she does have a bowel movement does it appear normal? YES

4:24 PM

Has anything in her schedule changed - feeding times, walks, company in the house, construction in the house, etc? COMPANY IN THE HOUSE HAS CHANGED .. BUT THIS WAS 4/5 MONTHS AGO SHE IS ON HER OWN MORE IN THE DAY, BUT THIS CHANGED IN JULY NOT 2 WEEKS AGO, WE DO HAVE A YOUNG BABY AROUND MORE IN THE EVENINGS BUT AGAIN THAT'S BEEN SINCE JULY ...

4:24 PM

Any new stray animals hanging around outside that you've seen? NO, WE DID HAVE A FEW CAT AROUND BUT THEY LEFT 2 MONTHS AGO

4:24 PM

Will she settle down after a bit? YES SHE DOSE SOMETIME IS ONCE OR SOMETIMES ITS THIRD TIME OF GOING DOWN TO HER .. LAST NIGHT IT WAS ONCE. HOPE THIS HELPS THANKSThank you in advance for your replies

JACUSTOMER-gf9bcgce- :

UNORTUNATELY I HAVE TO CLOSE THIS COMPUTER CAN WE TALK TOMORROW THANKS

Dr. Christie :

Yes, not a problem! I will be online at this time tomorrow!

Dr. Christie :

From the sudden onset of the behavior there may be a wild animal or something coming around in the evening that maybe you are not seeing. She may hear it and especially smell it too!