Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My 10 year old lurcher Moth is not good at the moment..

Customer Question

My 10 year old lurcher bitch Moth is not good at the moment.. She seems to be very quiet and sleeping a lot. She seems to have lost interest but is still happy to go for a walk. She is a little off her food. Her dam (Tess) died almost a year ago and I don't think she has been really right since then. Moth went off her food badly a few months before Tess died. Tess died of Lymphoma and I am sure Moth sensed that she was ill. After three monhts, we got a new lurcher pup and Moth accepted her quite well, but I think is presently fed up with the pup (who is now 11 months old) crashing into her on walks; trying to get her to run with her. Moth went back to full eating a few weeks after we got the pup.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Moth. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.If she is off her food, and sleeping more, the first thing I would do if she were mine would be some basic blood tests to check liver and kidney values, blood counts, etc. Dogs can be subtle about being sick, so when a dog "tells" me they are not feeling well by eating less or developing a picky appetite, that to me is a red flag to look for the cause. Since she is 10, I would try to catch anything early, if I can. If there is history of lymphoma in her genes, I would also feel her lymph nodes, spleen, liver, etc. Let me know what else I can answer, or help with.Rebecca
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for this information. I will take her to our local vet after Christmas if things don't improve.

All the best for Christmas and the New Year.

Jane

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome. Let me know if I can help with or answer anything else.
Kindly consider rating my answer, when all your questions have been answered.
The best to you, too.
Rebecca