Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Weight loss rapidly,periods where keeps vommiting,wanting to

Weight loss rapidly,periods where keeps vommiting,wanting to be close to me a lot
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she drinking more than usual?
2- How often is she vomiting?
3- Is she currently on any medications?
4- Did your vet do a chest xray as well?
5- Is she eating?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

drinks often she will be ok for few days then starts being sick,not on medication, xrays been took on stomache as far as I am aware,yes she is eating her food like she is starving

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
1- Is it fair to say she is drinking more than usual?
2- Your vet did complete blood work checking her blood sugar, kidneys, liver, etc.?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

was the blood test that costs £80 n wouldn't say extremely more often that she drinking

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Gemma, there are many diseases that cause the symptoms that you are describing in Milly. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands on examination and some testing. But, common causes are: Kidney or liver disease, diabetes, tumors (cancer), etc. to name a few causes.
I would recommend you phone your family vet and make sure the blood work they did checked her blood glucose, kidney, liver, etc. If they did then the next step would be to take an xray of the chest to rule out things like tumors. If that is normal then your vet may need to do an abdominal ultrasound to take a closer look at what is happening in the gastrointestinal tract. In the meantime, start her on Zantac (ranitidine) 75mg 1/4 of a tablet every 12 hours. You can buy zantac over the counter in any pharmacy; this will help with the vomiting. In additional treatment will be based on the results of the above tests.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. P
lease do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter