Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I give my Cavalier King Charles spaniel the tip of a banana

Customer Question

I give my Cavalier King Charles spaniel the tip of a banana every morning. Please tell me this fruit is NOT harmful to her. She is just over two years old and full of life but occasionally acts as if she has something either at the back of her mouth or in her throat as she turns her head on one side as if trying to reach something. Thank you and a Happy new Year
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
This fruit is NOT harmful to her. Happy New Year back atcha!

I'm afraid that her actions as you've described aren't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder. Perhaps food is accumulating in a spot in her mouth or sticking to her palate. It's unlikely that dental disease is present at Happy Lily's young age.

See if she likes sour cream and bananas. That's my favorite. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks or your prompt reply. Much appreciated

You're quite welcome. My best to Happy Lily!

Please disregard the info request.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

You may receive an inappropriate follow up sent by the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.

Please disregard the info request.