Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

hello, my wife & i got a 2 year old staffy last sunday

hello, my wife & i got a 2 year old staffy bitch last sunday with no history from a rescur centre but stoped going to the toilet at 7am today, iv taken her for a walk today @ she did a large pee about 11.30, she still wants to go out but nothing happens, shes had 1 drink of water & about 6 small treat biscits.
bob & sue
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- I am confused, so she wants to go out and tries to urinate and nothing comes out, is that what is happening?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, sorry, she comes to me to say she wants to go out as normal but she only walks around & never trys to pee, could it be her liver or nerves due to her being re homed, she does have large nips so could she have had pups & been taken away from them to early, as i said we got her from a rehomeing centre & thay had no ider, she booked into a vet on the 16th of april at 8am to be spade.

many thanks

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Is she showing any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not as hungry or thirsty as normal & she plays as normal so iam lost as shes my 3rd staffy

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Bob, the symptoms that you are describing are Not related to liver disease or a urinary tract disease. It sounds like she may be under some stress from being in a new home and without the puppies if they were taken too early.
I would recommend you set a scheduled walk with her (2-3 times a day) and do not deviate from your set schedule. In the next few days she will get use to her new home, just need to give her some time.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. P
lease do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter