DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

MY ***** ***** WHO IS 12 YEARS OLD KEEPS BEING SICK EVEN THO

MY ***** ***** WHO IS 12 YEARS OLD KEEPS BEING SICK EVEN THO ITS LIKE 6 HOURS AFTER SHE LAST ETE HER FOOD NO OTHER PROBLEMS AS WE NO OF SO WE WONDERING WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS AS IT ONLY STARTED YESTERDAY
Category: Dog
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 2 years ago.
DrMelJ :

Hi there. Are you available to chat with me so I can ask a few questions and see if I can help you out?

DrMelJ :

Hi. By being sick, do you mean she is vomiting?

Customer:

YES

DrMelJ :

Any other issues such as diarrhea? Have you checked to see if she has a fever?

Customer:

NO DIARRHEA & NO FEVER

DrMelJ :

Does the food look digested when she vomits? Or is it just liquidy food? Can she drink water without wretching or vomting?

DrMelJ :

Is she acting normal other than the vomiting?

DrMelJ :

Could she have eaten something she shouldnt have like a toy, items from the trash, etc?

Customer:

SLEEPING MORE THAN USUAL MAILY LOOKS YELLOW WHEN BEEN SICK SHE DOES DRINK WATER BEFORE SHE SEEMS TO BE SICK NO SHE HAS ETE ANYTHING SHE SHOULDNT

DrMelJ :

Ok. Thanks for the information. At her age, I would maybe be concerned about the possibility of cancer or some sort of obstruction that is causing inflammation of the stomach and small intestine. Another possibility would be low-grade pancreatitis which is a chronic inflammation of the GI tract and cause lethargy and chronic vomiting. The beginning stages of diabetes or Addison's disease (endocrine diseases) can sometimes cause vomiting but usually are accompanied by other signs like increased drinking and urination

Expert:  DrMelJ replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.