Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

my 8 year old poodle lab cross weighing 27 kg MAY have eaten

Hi my 8 year old poodle lab cross weighing 27 kg MAY have eaten 2 nurofen 200 mg tablets about 30 minutes ago. What should I do ?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Peter :

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Dr. Peter :

To make certain we are speaking of the same medication, the active ingredient in nurofen is ibuprofen, correct (check label please)?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Peter :

Friend, 400mg of nurofen is Not going to be toxic for Mel, you don't need to do anything. At this dose I really expect no symptoms. He will be fine.

Dr. Peter :

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. P
lease do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Customer:

thank you so much. I am in the Alps, miles and miles from a vet.