Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

small jack russel lovely to family and our other dog but a

Customer Question

small jack russel lovely to family and our other dog but a nightmare to take out,
barks at
dogs biger the better, unshure about strange children, good with my grandchildren
but will try to nip some people, we did the usual dog familurising etc she just got worse as she got older she is 18 month old now
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This behavior stems from some fears that Nessa has that you may not even be aware of. This will take some work to get Nessa pst this by "Desensitization" which means you expose Nessa to al of these things that she fears until she understands that these will not harm her. It wil help to use a DAP Collar available at the pet store. This acts as a calming agent that will help Nessa past this. Also, have Nessa examined by your vet to be sure this is not a medical condition. If this is ruled out, your vet has medication that can help Nessa past this.

This LINK may help.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much, Susan, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Nessa improves with your help.

Have a wonderful day!!