Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in general practice.
21779527

My dog has just eaten a phone earplug will he be ok he is a

My dog has just eaten a phone earplug will he be ok he is a 2 year old German sherperd
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 12 years.
It is always stressful when dogs eat things that they shouldn't. Can you tell me how much exactly he ate... just the rubber piece on the end or did he eat the whole end and some of the cord too?
Dr. Stacy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just the actual foam ear plug no cord was attached
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 2 years ago.
That shouldn't cause any problems in a big dog. Foam ear plugs can cause blockages if they get stuck in the intestine, but a big dog should have an intestinal diameter large enough that it passes without any problems.
If you want to try to get it to pass through quicker, you can feed a high fiber diet for a few days. You can do this by adding canned pumpkin or some high fiber cereal to the diet each day (but no cereal with raisins).
Best wishes.
Dr. Stacy