DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

, i have a 5year old boxer female, vomiting yellow

Customer Question

, i have a 5year old boxer female, vomiting yellow 3 days, she is drinking plenty of water but not eating at all what can i do to help her getting better soon as she is losing energy, many thanks Juliana
Category: Dog
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 2 years ago.
DrMelJ :

there. Thanks question. Let me see if I can help

DrMelJ :

Could she have eaten something she shouldnt have? Part of a toy, a sock, trash, something outside, a dead mouse?

DrMelJ :

She may have pancreatitis. It is very concerning that she has not eaten few days.

DrMelJ :

You could try feeding a bland diet at home. Boiled boneless skinless chicken breasts with the fat removed mixed with boiled white rice. Give 1/4 cup shredded cooked chicken with 1/4 rice. Feed only small meals

JACUSTOMER-35sqffo3- :

i dont know, i also have 2 other boxers and they r fine is just her, she could have eaten grass, i really dont know, could u recomend same tablets or what can i do to help her?

DrMelJ :

The bland diet might help. You could also try some Pepcid AC (famotidine) or Pepto Bismol

DrMelJ :

She would get one 10 mg Pepcid tablet

JACUSTOMER-35sqffo3- :

were do i get them

JACUSTOMER-35sqffo3- :

were do i get them? at a vet clinic with out a prescrespion

DrMelJ :

Or 2-3 tablespoons pepto.

DrMelJ :

No these 2 are human meds you try at home...you could get thme from a human pharmacy

DrMelJ :

if you are able to go a vet though, that would be ideal

DrMelJ :

They could do a thorough exam and bloodwork to help find out what is going on

DrMelJ :

They would have more medications available as well

DrMelJ :

You can use the bland diet and Pepcid until you can get to the vet

DrMelJ :

Keep encouraging drinking as well so she stays hydrated

DrMelJ :

We are going to run out of time soon, I hope this has been helpful and that your dog feels better soon

JACUSTOMER-35sqffo3- :

ok so that would have to be tomorrow, ok iam going to get the tablets from a pharmacy, how long do u think will take to get a bet better? i really dont ant her to died

DrMelJ :

it depends on what is going on.....but the meds and diet should keep her going til you cna get to the vet

DrMelJ :

if she seems to worsen, take her to an emergency vet

DrMelJ :

good luck

Expert:  DrMelJ replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.