YourPetVet
YourPetVet, Veterinarian
Experience:  6 years general medicine, surgery and emergency medicine
41322881

I have a 5 year old ***** ***** who is rescue.He did of course

Customer Question

I have a 5 year old ***** ***** who is rescue.He did of course have lots of accidents
when
I first had him, to be expected. I have an older Jackie too. But now 2 years later he has started peeing with no warning, most days.He is taken out twice a day and can use the
back yard . He does nt indicate wanting to go. Could this be a urine infection ?
Category: Dog
Expert:  YourPetVet replied 2 years ago.
YourPetVet :

and thank you question. It is not common but yes male dogs can have urinary infections. Also, they may develop other conditions that can cause them to urinate more, lose control of their bladder or drink more water

YourPetVet :

You will have to see your vet and have his urine tested.

YourPetVet :

Once the urine test is done then your vet will be able to determine the underlying cause to the urinating problem