Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

there, I have a Rottweiler and she is 12 years old. Over

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a Rottweiler and she is 12 years old. Over the past 3/4 months she has started to walk with a limp (right shoulder) and the size of this has increased. There's times at a night she may cry/weep for a few minutes and sometimes not at all. She is eating/drinking as normal and is still going outside for when she needs the toilet. In general she is still the same dog other than the limp and growing shoulder size. Would you recommend we take her to a vets or is there anything we can do from home to help her? Thankyou and will look forward to hearing from you. John.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning John and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

My fear for your sweet Roxie, John, is that this lameness and enlargement of this area may be caused by bone cancer or other serious condition. It is very important, John, that you take Roxie to your vet as soon as possible. If this is bone cancer or other causes for this enlargement, treatment or removal will be important for Roxie's quality of life....Hopefully, I am wrong about this John but do not hestitate to take Roxie to your vet on Monday.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much, John, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Roxie will do well.

Have a wonderful day!!