Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I have a nine year old English terrier he is lazy but

I have a nine year old English bull terrier he is lazy but always has been just today he has been quite a bit more lethargic but no dioreah or sickness he is still eating normally he is just not himself.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any pre existing medical conditions?
2- Any other symptoms?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No he has always been a healthy dog he has no other symptoms he is just not himself
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
1- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?
2- Can you take his rectal temperature?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
His gums are pink but I can't take his temperature I don't have anything to do it with but he doesn't feel to hot
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Karen, lethargy is a very non-specific symptom and can be related to many different medical conditions that affect dogs. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause on history alone as he is not showing any other symptoms. Possible causes could be anemia, infections, ingestion of a foreign body, kidney or liver disease, neuromuscular disorders, etc. to name a few causes.
In this case, your dog will need a hands on examination by a veterinarian, blood work (chemistry profile & CBC) and urinalysis as initial screening test to determine the exact underlying cause. Treatment will be based on clinical and diagnostic findings.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. P
lease do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter