Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My did has developed a mild limp in his back left paw. When

Customer Question

My did has developed a mild limp in his back left paw. When he is stood still he will the paw off the floor, but it is only noticeable when he walks. When he trots along side me it disappears. He is still very playful with the children. He doesn't appear to be showing any signs of distress. He is eating fine. And drinking no more or less water than usual. But has been restless for the lad couple of days. He is up to date on all of his medication. Hope you can help.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?
2- Any pre existing medical conditions?
3- Is he on any medications?
4- How much does he weigh?
5- Have you checked the paw and leg for any swelling, punctures, broken nail, etc.?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.