Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

why does my dog keep eating grass?

why does my dog keep eating grass?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.
When did this start?
Does he vomit after he eats the grass?
Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he has been sick twice today, he now wants to be let out to eat mare grass.

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the information. The continual grass eating and then getting sick indicates he is nauseas. It does not specify any specific disease but it is very common when dogs are nauseas. Sometimes it's just a little stomach upset and it will pass on it's own. If you have an antacid like famotidine or ranitidine you can give one regular strength tablet twice daily and that will sometimes help stop the nausea. If he starts having blood in his vomit or starts trying to vomit and is unsuccessful those are both emergencies and he needs to see the emergency vet.
Otherwise you don't need to stop the grass eating but be warned that vomiting usually comes afterward so prepare for it.
I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan