Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My 6 year old King Charles Spaniel had 5 teeth extracted at

Customer Question

My 6 year old King Charles Spaniel had 5 teeth extracted at the vet last Wednesday.She was in perfect health when she went in. Since coming home, she is showing signs of Fly Catching Disease, turning her neck and trying to bite near her rear end, she is distressed. This can happen several times a day.She is on pain med, antibiotics and sedative.We cannot understand why she is like this;no problems before the anasthesia for this dental work.Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 2 years ago.

Hello Rona, I'm Dr. Deb.

I recently came online and see that your question about Ruby hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response,but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.

I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:

1. Can you list the medications that she's taking?
2. Can you also list their dosages?
3. How much does she weigh?
4. Can you elaborate as to how she's acting distressed?

Since it looks as if you are currently offline, there may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.

Thanks for your patience. Deb