Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

just found small lump under my miniture ***** *****s front

just found small lump under my miniture ***** *****s front under arm.I can move it and its not sore or marked.He was running round garden as usual.Only noticed it when he got up for cuddle.It was not their when i washed and dried him last night.What could this be please. Teresa.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is***** am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.
I am sorry to hear about this concern.
Well, for a sudden onset lump, we could think about things like:
1. A abscess (even if no supericial bite or sting wound present)
2. A cyst
3. A hematoma (a blood clot from being pinched or traumatized in some other way)
4. A seroma (an inflammatory reaction, that fills with bloody like fluid
But, we still can't say that it is not some other type of nodule or tumor.
So, I would start with a regular vet visit. If the vet is unsure they may recommend a simple fine needle aspirate test to get a better idea of what it may be.
Fine-needle aspirate test is performed usually without anesthesia and is very quick. Your veterinarian takes a few needle samples from the lump (the needle is no larger than the needle used to give vaccines). The sample is smeared on to microscope slides and submitted to the laboratory. It is not always as definitive as a biopsy (this is a full tissue sample), but often it can yield enough information to help guide you and your vet as to whether a biopsy is needed, or if surgery should be performed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

IHe was playing in a field an is acting very normal.Should i leave it for a day just to see how it is.Idont want to sound bad but i had to let pet insurance go due to unemployment.He is a purebread.Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
If it is not ruptured, oozing anything, seemed inflamed, or not acutely growing, I don't see any reason why you can't wait. But, remember, not based on an examination. Just a educated guess.
Hope that additional information helps. Definitely, reply to me if there is any other way I may assist you. I hope my responses have been satisfactory?
Dr. Andy