Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I am trying to log

I am trying to log in but keeps saying that this email address is used by so one else.
I have used it before it is me
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry you are having problems with the site; we can continue here. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?
2- Is she licking in other places?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About 4 weeks she has been licking it but noting. Has happened to now
No she isn't licking anywhere else
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
1- The area has become hairless, correct?
2- Is the skin becoming thicker in that area?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not that I can see it's just looks sore and she still wants to lick it
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Brenda, it sounds like she has developed an acral lick granuloma; this is an area of inflammation made worst by licking. This is what you can do:

1- Need to stop her from licking or she is going to delay healing. Pick up an ecollar (cone) in your local pet store to stop her from licking/gnawing at affected area. Having the ecollar on will allow the tissue to heal and help her break the habit of licking. Keep the ecollar on especially when you are sleeping and she is not being observed.

2- Pick up in your local pharmacy "Hibiclens" antimicrobial soap or chlorhexiderm scrub. Wash area with this soap 2-3 times a day. If you do not find the above soap use over the counter antibacterial soap.

3- After washing affected area as above apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin or bacitracin. Do this 2-3 times a day for the next 7-10 days.

4- If no significant improvement after doing the above in 2-3 days follow up with your family veterinarian for a hands on examination.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been charged twice out of my pay pal account of £ 14 please refund one back to my account I think this is totally wrong Thank you Brenda XXXXXX

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Brenda, you had some issues with the site earlier and opened several questions; this can explain why you were charged twice, I will submit this to customer service and they will be able to help you with any refund. I don't deal with charges I only answer veterinary questions. I am sorry for any inconvinience.

You're welcome.

Dr. Peter