DrJessicaO
DrJessicaO, Veterinarian
Experience:  7 years of private practice with dogs, cats, exotics, pocket pets, etc
41353408

Bit confused. Did you receive my question about my collie/springer

Bit confused. Did you receive my question about my collie/springer approx. 15 mins ago
Category: Dog
Expert:  DrJessicaO replied 2 years ago.
DrJessicaO :

Hi there,

DrJessicaO :

Im so sorry- I was helping another customer. Can you please resend your question?

Customer:

I have a 10 year old female crossbreed/spaniel who has some arthritis. I have ordered and received on line the following product: "DOG GONE PAIN" (DGP) . Are you aware of this product? Is it beneficial and more imporrtantly are there any serious side effects?

DrJessicaO :

This is an herbal supplement composed of ingredients that are thought to help alleviate arthritis in dogs- I do not have a lot of personal experience with the product, but from veterinarians who have used it, the supplement seems to very much help some dogs but doesn't do anything at all for others. It is difficult to explain why this is the case. In my opinion a drug like an NSAID (non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) should be used in combination with this product in a severely arthritic dog. There is nothing in the product that is unsafe. Again I apologize for the delay- please let me know if you have additional questions.

Customer:

Thank you. I will go ahead and give my dog the tablets and see what happens. Can you tell me if my payment of £13 has gone through twice by mistake (it was processed twice)?

DrJessicaO :

I'm not sure, as I don't work with the money, but I will send your inquiry to a moderator to find out. Thank you and take care :)