Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

my Labrador is suddenly panting very hard looks like he is

Customer Question

my Labrador is suddenly panting very hard looks like he is overheating. Won't eat or drink
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Loretta :

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta , a licensed veterinarian and am happy to answer your question.

I have a few questions to help me better assist you. How old is your guy? Did this come on suddenly? Did anything different happen before this episode? Anything more you can tell me?

Sincerely, ***** *****

JACUSTOMER-1wzpe6uw- :

He is almost 4 years old and this has only just happened this afternoon never had a problem before. his tongue is not as bright a pink as usual its quite dark. Back legs seem to have a small muscle spasm as well. I have felt him all over and he hasn't whimpered as if hurt.

Dr. Loretta :

Thanks for the information....It is hard to tell by what you have described but since he is quite young, it may be that he has injured himself in a way that you are not aware of. The panting can indicate discomfort or pain. For now, just watch him and allow him to calm down. Check him all over for any indications of an injury although any head trauma may not show. If this continues, take him directly to your vet since this may be something more serious such as an underlying heart issue that you may not be aware of. Does that make sense to you? Please tell me if i am missing something...thanks!

Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your guy feels better soon!

Have a wonderful day!!