Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a ***** ***** pup ,she had her first injection last

Customer Question

I have a ***** ***** pup ,she had her first injection last wednesday but i discovered a large lump on her tummy on thursday and went back to the vet to get it checked ,.It is a hernia and she will need it operated on ,i saved to buy and pay for injections etc,but im worried how im going to pay on my pension what will obviously be a very big expense ,i hadn't yet insured her and obviously wont be allowed to now she has been diagnosed with this ,What approximately will the procedure and medicines etc cost me ,?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most umbilical hernias in puppies are minor and will be repaired when she is spayed. Many will resolve on their own if they are small enouh and you constantly push it back in.

If this is done while she is being spayed, the cost is very small since she will already be under anesthesia. If it is large enough to possibly allow bowel to come through this hole, then this could be an emergency and this will cost a bit more to be repaired.

Ask your vet about this...if there is a low cost spay clinic near you, they will repair this hernia at a very low cost.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I am sure your puppy will do well with you caring for your girl.

Have a wonderful day!!