Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

is there any thing I can give my dog to stop her having pups

is there any thing I can give my dog to stop her having pups she got out yesterday and got stuck with another dog
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Dr Scott Nimmo :

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today.

Dr Scott Nimmo :

Basically this is no problem, your vet will be able to give your dog a morning after injection.

Dr Scott Nimmo :

These are affective if given the two or three days after mating, but best call your vet ASAP to find out how they handle things...

Dr Scott Nimmo :
I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott.

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will a womans pregnancy test work on dogs

Sorry Gillian, that will not work as the reproductive systems of the dog and the human are quite different. Your vet will be able to run various tests to confirm what is going on though.
Regards,
Scott