Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

Medium mongrel ***** ***** type -urging bringing up foam,

Medium mongrel ***** ***** type -urging bringing up foam, sporadic, sneezing, ?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.

I am not familiar with the term "urges/urging"... maybe that is a UK term? Does that mean coughing, or vomiting, or something else? Is he eating and does he have normal energy level?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, urging, trying to be sick, only bringing up foam.
Eating normally, sleeping a little more than usual, but lively on his walks.
Wet nose, slight coughs every now and then, sneezing and head shaking when I put the lead on and when we return from walking,
We walk approx 2 hours every day, hour in the morning, hour in afternoon / evening
Okay, great, thanks. That helps. To me, this sounds like an upper respiratory infection, possibly kennel cough. Kennel cough is caused by several different pathogens- some viruses, some bacteria. Often the symptoms include hacking up white foam, sneezing/snorting, and coughing. They can still get kennel cough even if they are vaccinated for it, because the vaccine only covers one of the causes. I would see a veterinarian to get him on a cough suppressant and an antibiotic. Or, if you can buy antibiotics over the counter over in the UK, I would put him on doxycycline 10mg/kg once daily for 14 days.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tks, I will go to see the vet tomorrow if poss, once again tks
You are most welcome! Please remember to rate my service so that I will receive credit for assisting you. Take care.