Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

Dear Dr Altman, I have read your answer to another questioner, 5 months ago, regarding an

Dear Dr Altman, I have read your answer to another questioner, 5 months ago, regarding an ovary sparing spay (OSS) and that you could not then suggest a UK specialist in this. I understand that the surgery must be done very carefully as leaving any uterine tissue may have adverse health effects. Have you in the last 5 months come across any veterinarian in the UK who is interested in this please? (After extensive internet research, it seems the right approach for my one year old labrador). Kind regards, ***** *****
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your questions.
I apologize for the delay in my response. Wednesdays are a day difficult to get to the computer for me.
I have not had any success finding in my searches finding someone in the UK that has done these surgeries. My suggestion would be to find a surgeon versus a general practitioner who would be open to doing the surgery because even though they might not have done one previously they will have the technical skills to move forward safely and ensure the effectiveness of their techniques would be successful.
It would be a matter of calling a local specialty center and requesting a consult with their surgeon on staff to determine if this is something they would be open to try.
I hope this helps, there always has to be a first in an area and it is a matter of finding a veterinarian who has a honed technical skill just not applied it in this specific way.
Good luck to you both!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was hoping you would come up with a vet who took some interest in this issue. I live in North London, Highgate N6 - can you at least recommend a veterinary specialist surgeon in London, preferably north London who might be helpful? Thanks, Kate

I apologize, I am not from that area and will do my best to find someone local to you.
The closest I was able to find was Herfordshire Queen Mother Hospital for Animals (QMHA):
http://www.rvc.ac.uk/small-animal-referrals/contact-us/QMHA
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I will look forward to hearing of someone local soon please. Thanks, Kate

I can definitely opt out to determine if there is someone more local to you but unfortunately with my name in the title of the question it is unlikely another expert will reply.
I can alternatively send the question to customer service to request a refund since you are not satisfied with the local specialty clinic I listed above.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.