Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics
25524280

Stomach ache shaking think ate fox poo yesterdat

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Susan :

Hi, I can help you with your question today.

Dr. Susan :

Has Diva had any vomiting or diarrhea today?

Customer: No
Dr. Susan :

Aside from shaking, what other signs are you seeing?

Customer: No vomiting or diarrhoeagoing round I circles obviously distressed
Customer: Going round circles. Tender to touch
Dr. Susan :

Is there any indication that she is sore or limping?

Dr. Susan :

Oh she is tender. I'm just concerned that her signs seem more severe than I would expect from GI upset from ingesting fox stool.

Dr. Susan :

Does she normally jump on and off the furniture and run the stairs?

Customer: Yes
Dr. Susan :

Is she doing any of that today?

Customer: Sent from my iPhoneBegin forwarded message:From: Robert Cattell <*****@******.***>Date: 23 February 2015 09:59:09 GMTTo: ***** ***** <*****@******.***>, "*****@******.***" <*****@******.***>Subject: FW: : A 72 year old.....Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 17:47:28 +0000From: *****@******.***: *****@******.***; *****@******.***; *****@******.***; *****@******.***; *****@******.***; *****@******.***; *****@******.***; *****@******.***: Re: Fwd: : A 72 year old.....On Friday, 20 February 2015, 11:49, Robert Albon <*****@******.***> wrote: It's difficult to disagree with the 72-year-old man who wrote this letter. He has had no reply.To: ***** ***** (Prime Minister) & Ed Milliband (Leader of the Opposition)You BOTH Worry me! (in fact, both of your Political parties worry me!!)Over the last three years, you both have been turning this country into a place that I no longer feel at home in, or feel part of.I watch you in Parliament, sneering at each other, and acting like children!!! (and if you were my children, I would be ashamed of you).Years ago, aged 15 at grammar school, we had similar "Yah-Boo" debates in the Fourth Form. We quickly grew out of it when we realised that the real world was different. When will you two do the same?What an example you set the viewing millions!Although you would like us all to believe that you are putting the needs of this country first, everyone knows that NEITHER of you are doing that. You are more interested in scoring points off each other. Do you somehow think that will impress people and get you votes next year? WRONG !!What is achieved by all those shenanigans in Parliament, is denigrating our once-great nation in the eyes of the world. You would NEVER see the German politicians doing that. They have recovered so wonderfully from WW2 by hard work and IMAGE - being careful never to run down their own country in public.Your Parliamentary debates seem to be all about YOU as individuals, and not about what you are doing for this country!You are not listening to the people you are paid to govern !I am seeing the deterioration of living standards, but according to you, playing with statistics, we are doing better than most countries, yet the gap is widening between the "haves" and the "have-nots".I see our hospitals under-staffed, yet I see multi-millions of pounds being sent in aid to other countries, before attending to this country's needs! Are you quite sure that our precious aid-money is applied to where it is needed, and not funnelled off to despots' bank accounts in New York and Zurich?I see the "selling off of water rights to foreign interests. WHY...? You go to great lengths to tell us that water is a finite resource & supposedly, we must ALL be careful with how we use it.The Carbon Tax, (which we all KNOW is just another tax) will make NO difference, to carbon emissions at all. It is a tax, which in spite of all your arguments FOR it, you are doing alone, because other major countries DO NOT BELIEVE in it.Let's talk about Multiculturalism. People have come here from other countries, for a better life, for more years than I have been alive. Pre & post- war immigrants came for a better life, settled in and became wonderful contributors to this country. They have contributed to the rich diversity of Britain and many have fought FOR this country. They were glad to become U.K.Citizens and they had NO hand-outs ....they worked hard for everything!I have never before had a problem with immigrants coming here. However, I DO NOW!!!Please tell me why we have areas in towns all over the country, where police WILL NOT GO, for fear of their life? Please tell me why we can no longer have religion in schools for fear of "OFFENDING" someone? Please tell me why Christmas celebration is no longer allowed in some schools for fear of OFFENDING someone? Please tell me HOW Christmas decorations in stores might OFFEND someone? Please tell me why we have to have segregated days in public swimming pools for fear of "OFFENDING" someone? Please tell me why we allow RADICAL Muslim clerics to demand Sharia Law when our religions would never be allowed in THEIR country ? Please tell me why our laws need to be changed, so as not to OFFEND someone?Please tell me why we true-Brits are fast becoming a MINORITY voice, in our own country, because of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS? Please tell me WHY Brits must not wear a bike helmet going into a bank and yet it is OK to wear a Burka, covering the whole of the face?And please tell me WHY, when those people who want asylum here, they can wreck our detention centres and STILL be allowed to stay?What does that say about just who and what are this government's priorities? Every British person that I speak to has genuine concerns about becoming a second-class minority in our own country, for the above reasons.Are you so blind that you cannot see this?And no, I am NOT racist !If I did not like Catholics or Protestants, would I be considered racist? Of course not!We are fighting extremist Muslims in Afghanistan and elsewhere, are we not?I hear you say, "yes but the Muslims we have here are not like that."Well how do you know?Do we see or hear ANY of them speaking AGAINST extremists on TV or radio?I haven't. Islam is not compatible with ANY of the values that we hold here in Britain ! Are not the experiences of France and the Netherlands examples of that? Why do you think it would be any different here?We even have a British born "radical," who states that Britain WILL become a Muslim country, under Sharia Law, & that we had "better get used to it ".Will both of you grow up and start sticking up for this country and its people? We are the people who put you where you are and PAY you to look after our interests! You are NOT doing that, by any stretch of the imagination!!!I would appreciate an answer, if only to convince me that once again I am not talking to a brick wall!Let us get this out to all - please keep forwarding and if you have people in the press or if you know Politicians let them know we are dissatisfied with their behaviour!PLEASE SEND THIS LETTER TO AS MANY PEOPLE IN THE UK AS YOU CAN - AND IF YOU HAVE CONTACTS OVERSEAS DO THE SAME This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. www.avast.com Yes
Dr. Susan :

Excuse me?

Customer: No
Dr. Susan :

Um, ok.

Dr. Susan :

Well, I'm concerned that her signs could indicate either abdominal pain or spinal pain.

Dr. Susan :

In small dogs we see a large number of patients with IVDD (intervertebral disk disease).

Dr. Susan :

This is essentially a slipped disk.

Dr. Susan :

This is extremely painful, and if it progresses it can lead to paralysis.

Dr. Susan :

I recommend having her evaluated by your local vet to look for signs of IVDD.

Dr. Susan :

If we diagnose her with a slipped disk, she can start pain medication and strict rest.

Dr. Susan :

In the meantime, confine her to an area where she cannot jump or attempt stairs.

Dr. Susan :

Keep her well hydrated using dilute chicken broth or dilute water from a tuna can.

Dr. Susan :

You can offer boiled white rice and boiled chicken to entice her to eat.

Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience: 8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics