Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog has had loose motions now days. What should I

My dog has had loose motions now for 2 days. What should I do ?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :1. How is your dog otherwise? Still fairly bright and happy? You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes reasonably.But has also been vommiting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the moment quite listless and has been vommiting
Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you, please read it through and see what you think. This sort of thing is always a gamble so if you want to be 100% sure you are doing the right thing you should have a vet check her over without delay. The problem you face that if this has been going on for two days and not started to resolve then this may be a sign that prescription drugs such as antibiotics may be needed. Also if she is not eating then most home remedies will then be that bit harder so it could be that having her checked over by a vet ASAP is your best option. The fact she is vomiting and is listless is also a cause for concern, to be honest I think it would be risky to try home remedies, sorry I cannot safely suggest anything more constructive ... I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I offer her food?
Hello again, Very glad to talk this over with you further .... If you offer her food and she take it then certainly this would be a step forward but if she still refuses it then this would be all the more reason to get a vet involved given the times scale of events. You could try to feed her four or five small light meals in the day. These meals should be the likes of chicken, fish, scrambled egg etc. with a little rice but try and make it as appetising as possible. If she picks up on this sort of diet and her condition improves then gradually reintroduce her normal diet over the next few days. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Experience: BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }