Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Is there something like a morning after pill

Is there something like a morning after pill for dogs
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome,I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you below ...1. This is no problem, there are misalliance injections which can be given and will act like a " morning after pill " The best plan would be to give your vet a call at the first opportunity and check how he or she handles this situation and make the necessary appointment.{ The first dose of two injections is usually given on the third day after mating, but as I say call your vet to check how they do things } I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.