Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

My dog was imported from another country, they had their vaccines

my dog was imported from another country, they had their vaccines there but by two different manufactures. the first Eurican DHPPI2-L by Merial then Caigen CHPPi by virbac. the other vaccine the first was Eurican DHPPI2-L by Merial and the Canigen L by virbac
the vet in my country says she is not covered by her vaccines and i have to start her again. is this correct?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 2 years ago.
Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Regardless of the manufacturer of the vaccine, the protection provided is generally accepted as being equivalent. As long as the vaccines were stored and administered properly, the protection provided would be assumed to be adequate. However, if only these two vaccines were administered, additional vaccines may still be needed, to provide complete immunity. Vaccination is repeated every 3 weeks until 15-16 weeks of age in puppies.