Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

In technical terms could you advise me why using a gentle leader

Customer Question

In technical terms could you advise me why using a gentle leader on a dog suffering from left cleft palate would be okay? I want to give advise as a professional
Category: Dog
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear your dog has a cleft palate. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
Has the cleft been repaired? How big is the cleft?
Is your dog having any breathing problems or other problems with the cleft palate? I need to know a little more about the condition, before telling you the Gentle Leader is safe.
Rebecca