Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My cat has scratched my dog on the edge of its eye its not

Customer Question

Hi my cat has scratched my dog on the edge of its eye its not damaged the eye but I dont want any infection. Anything I can do? Thank you
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear what happened to Pudding. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help. You are correct to be worried about infection. Most scratched eyes will heal, as long as they do not become infected. I usually treat these cases by starting them on topical eye drops with antibiotics (but NOT with any steroids in them) for a few days. If treated quickly after the injury, most of these heal up quickly. Until you can get Pudding to your vet to get antibiotic eye drops, you can flush the eye with drops like Visine or Refresh, or with salt water (1 teaspoon of salt in a pint of water). Let me know what else I can answer or help with.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the good rating. Hope Pudding's eye heals quickly.
Rebecca
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Darryl,
How is Pudding doing?

Rebecca