Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My bichon frise has got a lot warts on his body is anything

Customer Question

my bichon frise has got a lot warts on his body is anything i can do to get rid of them some have had the heads come of and start to bleed
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. These are common in this breed and are either benign skin tumors such as a wart or a SEbeacsous Cyst that is a gland within the hair follicles that ca become infected and inflammed. The only way to get rid of them is to have your vet remove them. When they are small, they can be removed under a local anesthetic and this is curative. Your sweet Finnley may get more and once they start ulcerating and bleed, there is no other way but to remove these. Have your vet examine Finnley to know for sure. In the meantime, apply Neosporin to those that have ulcerated to keep them from becoming infected. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

were do i get neosporin from a pet shop or the vets.

Neosporin is available at any pharmacy over the counter....it will help sweet Finnley.
Thank you so much, Jackie, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I know that sweet Finnley will do well with you caring for him.

Have a wonderful day!!