Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Dogs a mini schnauzer exbreeder rescue 6 yrs with a thyoid

Customer Question

dogs a mini schnauzer exbreeder rescue 6 yrs with a thyoid problem not overly enajetic likes to sleep on the sofa and eat her two meals aday which is currently 7 raw nuggets once in the morning and at night. always a shy scared dog with understanding her past is normal.
she has deformed feet but has always managed to walk quite well, then yesterday she seems very strange although shes not whimpering its as if shes in pain and has lost alot of her balance and seems a bit confused shes eating although need encouraging. she can normaly do steps or stairs but you can see she has to build her self up for it.
really worried shes had a stoke
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I am sorry to hear about your sweet girl....with these symptoms, there is a good chance that she may have had a stroke....this is a clot that has lodged in a part of the brain causing odd symptoms. It is very important that you have your vet examine her since if this is a stroke, if left untreated, this could become permanent. She is very young for this but with her past and thyroid issues, it is not unusual. There are other conditions that can cause neurologic issues such as liver disease so your vet will check for this as well. I would strongly recommend that you see your vet as soon as possible. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your sweet gal will feel better soon!

Have a wonderful day!!