Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Tara is a 14yr old Dalmatian suffering with arthritis and colitis,

Tara is a 14yr old Dalmatian suffering with arthritis and colitis, according to PDSA vet she needs a MRI scan, can you tell me how much would it cost and where in or near Middlesbrough, United Kingdom is there a vet offering this, I am a family friend and will pay for it as Tara is very dear to me as well as her owners!
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome.
My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.
1. A simple answer I know but please follow this link for a list of veterinary imaging centres in the UK LINK
I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there anything more we can do to stop Tara becoming depressed, obviously she cannot tell us whether or not she is in pain and the PDSA can only offer limited services, she is currently suffering with diarrhea.

Hello again, Very glad to talk this over with you further ... Unfortunately there will be very little you can hope to do to help Tara on a home remedy basis, it does sound as if she really needs specialist veterinary help. Over the counter pain killers such as aspirin are contraindicated in cases of colitis but there is probably a range of prescription drugs your vet can arrange which can often help. Sorry I cannot offer anything more constructive ... Regards, Scott
Hello again , Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated. Please let me know how things go ... Kindest regards, *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Nimmo, will discuss things with Tara's owner and go forward from there!