Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

I have a diabetic dog whose fed every twelve hours and given

Customer Question

Hi I have a diabetic dog whose fed every twelve hours and given ten unitss of caninsulin. H3 is always really hungry at his second feed 7.30 pm can I feed him earlier?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your questions.
You can feed and give insulin a little earlier, I have clients who do the insulin at 10 hour intervals because of their work and they do just fine. As long as the bigger meal is administered immediately prior to the insulin and you monitor for any signs of trembling, shakiness and if this does occur it would be best to keep the hours close to the 12 longterm but again I have a few clients with diabetic pets that have work schedules that only permit a 10 hour period between (and 14 hours overnight) and they do just fine.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both!
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You are very welcome, if you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to ask!