Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My twelve year old Border Terrier has just had sex with

My twelve year old Border Terrier bitch has just had sex with a seven year old ***** ***** what are the chances of her getting pregnant ?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you below ...1. Dogs are very efficient breeders so I have to say that in my experience pregnancy is certainly possible in such cases. 2. But the good news is there is a morning after pill for dogs although it is an injection! There are various misalliance injections which can be given if this has just happened these will act like a " morning after pill " and prevent pregnancy. The best plan would be to give your vet a call at the first opportunity and check how he or she handles this situation and make the necessary appointment.With this sort of drug the first dose is usually given on the third day after mating but check this out with your vet ASAP. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much.I contacted the Vet and our bitch has now had " injections. HR