Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

I have a laza x bisu freese if thats the correct spelling

Customer Question

i have a laza x bisu freese if thats the correct spelling but i cannot get her to eat anything and if i do she sometimes brings it back she keeps going into a fuuny spasm as well as though something is in her thoat but it only last for a few seconds then she is okay can you tell me do i need to take her to the vets
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
How long since she last ate?
If she is not eating, and is vomiting, I am concerned. This could be something like a "stomach flu" or infection that might get better quickly, or she could have something more serious like an intestinal obstruction fro eating something not digestible like a toy or a sock.
I would recommend having her checked by a veterinarian, if this has been going on for longer than a day or two. Is she drinking? If not, that is even more reason to take her to her vet.
Check her gums; they should be a bright pink color.
Let me know what else I can help with or answer.
Rebecca
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

she had a couple of small biscuits last night and kept those down but that was all she had eaten all day her gums are pink.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Good that her gums are pink, and that she kept down biscuits.
You could try giving her some Pepcid AC, famotidine, 2.5 to 5 milligrams for nausea and vomiting. Having her checked by her veterinarian if this continues would be best.
Let me know what else I can answer.
Rebecca
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the positive rating. Let me know how she is doing.
Rebecca
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Carol,
How is your dog today?

Rebecca