Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian - BVSc (DVM equivalent). Special interest in canine and feline medicine and surgery.
9138059

Small Yorkshire terrier cannot eat food,really bad reaching

Customer Question

Small Yorkshire terrier cannot eat food,really bad reaching even scramble egg.only started the last 2 days. Should I get Vets help. Thirteen years old
Category: Dog
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

Thank you for your question regarding your 13 year old Yorkie who cannot seem to eat food currently. The fact this has been continuing on for a couple of days is the main concern here. Hopefully your Yorkie is able to drink water and keep it down, otherwise they will likely be quite dehydrated by now.

There are quite a number of possible causes for these symptoms including anything from dental disease or an oral problem, to a gastrointestinal issue or even an internal organ problem. Given this has been continuing on for 2 days already, I would definitely recommend that you follow up with your regular vet tomorrow, or if you can find a local vet that is open today - please follow up on this today.

If you can't find a vet nearby that is open on a Sunday, then do ensure your Yorkie is drinking plenty of water today. Continue to try and tempt him or her with the scrambled egg, or some soft dog food from the supermarket or your local pet store.

As you have an older dog, it is always more prudent to follwo up on symptoms like this as soon as is possible. I hope all of the above makes sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Dr E

Bonuses & positive feedback are always welcomed and very much appreciated

If you have any further questions in the future, I would be more than happy to help you again! Just bookmark my profile and ask a question via the question box.
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I hope all was ok with your Yorkie? It would be great to get an update on her when you get a chance.

Kind Regards,

Dr E