Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog started brining up clear bile first. He went to vet

My dog started brining up clear bile first. He went to vet yesterday and was given anti sickness treatment and antibiotic injection. We have noroclav tablets to give him, which impossible. He has black gum. Not eaten for 2 days. Please help
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry to learn your dog is not feeling well. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today and provide you with some guidance. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- Did your vet do any testing like xrays or blood work?
2- How old is your dog?
3- Breed?
4- Weight?
5- Did he have black gums before or you are certain they were pink and have turned black in the last day or so?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No tests were taken. He is 7 years old. He is a staffie/***** ***** cross. He weighs 14 kg. No he did not have black gums. Yes they turned black yesterday

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Jacki, as you already may know he is not eating because he does not feel well. I am really concern about his gums turning black. This is an indication of poor circulation into the tissues; dogs that suffer this sudden change can have a fatal outcome if underlying cause is not identified and corrected. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands on examination and some testing. But, common causes are: Infections, heart disease, tumors, intestinal obstructions, etc. to name a few causes.
Unfortunately we are very limited as to what you can do at home. There is not much I can recommend for you to try at home that will have a significant therapeutic benefit. I strongly recommend having your dog re-checked immediately by nearest veterinarian; do not wait. Your vet will need to do some testing like xrays and blood work to determine the exact underlying cause. Treatment will be based on exam and test results.
I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.
Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alfie had cancer and was put down. Thank you for your helo

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Oh my, I am so sorry to learn Alfie was put down Jacki. I know how difficult this must be for you. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers tonight. I am sorry for your loss.
Dr. Peter