Our dog is on her 50th day of pregnancy. We noticed dark green brownish discharge from her. Does this mean there's a dead pup inside? If so, could we still wait until she gets into labor or should we get her a c-section already?
Hi, thank you for reply.
She seems fine, still eats and drink. No vomiting. We just notice that her energy level is less than usual.
Her temperature is 38.7º C (101.66º F).
I'm leaning towards getting an ultrasound and waiting it out until shes ready to give birth. However, I've read that a dead pup inside might poison the other pups and the dam. Is it okay to wait 10-13 more days if there is a dead pup inside? Should we give her any medication?
Hi and thanks again.
After the ultrasound (gonna do it tomorrow), if a dead pup is found, can we still wait 10-13 more days for her to give birth?