Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a ten year old Parson Russell terrier spayed ,

Customer Question

I have a ten year old Parson Russell terrier spayed bitch, this last week or two she has been off her food some days and seems a bit lethargic, yet is still eager to go for a walk, she is on anitbiotics at the moment but we are still worried, she is not being sick and her bowel movements are normal, she is also drinking normally.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Your girl's age and breed may mean that this is due to an aggravated arthritis ir a heriated disc in her back. If yu can get her to eat something, give her aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs and do not allow her to jump on anything or even climb stairs to allow this disc to stabilize. The fact that there has not been any digestive issues, points to this condition. Of course , if your girl does not improve, have your vet run tests to determine the cause in case we have missed something.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.