Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Our 10 year old whippet has become completely lackluster, not

Customer Question

Our 10 year old whippet has become completely lackluster, not even responding to her name, no appetite, unsteady on legs ( has been to loo in garden), but unbalanced - totally still with eyes open but not focused - nose cold, head cold - we have called vet who is on way. All this has happened in past few hours.
Peter
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that it has taken so long to answer your question and I hope I am not too late...

My fear for sweet mabel is that she may have suffered a stroke. This is a clot that is thrown to a portion of the brain and blocks off the nerve supply causing these serious symptoms that you are seeing. Treatment immediately is very important so I hope that your vet was able to treat her right away...

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply but alas we lost Mabel within a couple of hours of sending you the question. Although a possibility of a stroke was talked about the final diagnosis was a unknown tumour that was causing internal bleeding and organ breakdown. The speed of deterioration was immense. Our family are in a very sad place at the moment.
Oh Peter....I am so sorry!! I know how hard this is...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Peter, your family and your precious Mabel!!