Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My friend has a staff cross who is 8yrs old she has been

Customer Question

my friend has a staff cross bitch who is 8yrs old she has been having problems with her skin. She has hairloss on the base of her tail legs and around her eyes. when you stroke her she leaves a dusty residue on your hand and clothes she does scratch and sheds skin cells.She has had her to a vet who said it was mange, my friend spent £500 on treatment but she is no better she is at her wits end and was thinking of having her put to sleep but she is a happy dog nd a very loving one too I would hate for her to do something that drastic if she can get her sorted. please can you advise.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to see you have been waiting so long for an answer. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
Do you still want help with Sacha?
It would help to know what tests were done, and what kind of mange (there are more than one, and the treatment for each is different) she was diagnosed with.
Do you know what the treatment was?
This is an Info Request, to see if you still want help with Sacha, and to help me learn more, so I can help with your question.
Rebecca