DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

I have a Labrador who is 7 years old. I have noticed

Hi I have a Labrador bitch who is 7 years old. I have noticed that when she urinates it looks very dark and that she seems to be taking longer, we have also had a few accidents. she doesn't seem to be in any pain and is her normal self other than this problem. has the day goes on her wee seems to become clearer
Category: Dog
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Thanks for the question. It sounds like your sweet lab likely has a urinary tract infection. They are not uncommon in female dogs. I would recommend you get her to a vet for a urinanalysis and to get on the appropriate antibiotic. Sometimes if the urine pH is abnormal , the vet can recommend diet changes to help prevent future infections. In the meantime you are doing the right thing by making sure she has plenty of water and pee breaks. I hope this helps.let me know if you have further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your advice I am taking her to the Vets this afternoon

Expert:  DrMelJ replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome. Best wishes. dont forget to rate my response if you found it helpful.