Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My two pugs just leapt over a small wall with a 10 ft drop

My two pugs just leapt over a small wall with a 10 ft drop on the other side. They landed on soft spongy grass & we're running round after. I've checked their legs & chest & they don't seem injured at all. Should I be worried in case of internal injuries? Or what should I look out for?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

That is a good sign that they are acting normal right now. Pulmonary contusions are bleeding/bruising in the lungs that can develop up to 24 hours after an injury like this, so if you notice any difficulty breathing, gums that are not pink like usual (grey or bluish), or extreme lethargy, see a veterinarian. If you don't see any symptoms in the next 24 hours you are likely in the clear with nothing else to worry about. Also- make sure that they urinate normally for the next 24 hours.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your advice. I will watch them closely. The 4 year old pug is always quiet & lethargic anyway & is sleeping now . She is mum to the 2 year old who is lively & behaving quite normally. Regards

Okay, sounds good. Monitor the gum color and make sure it stays pink. Best of luck! Please remember to rate my service sothat I will receive credit for assisting you. Cheers.