Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My dog won't eat and all he does is lying on the floor with no energy.looks very sad

Customer Question

My dog won't eat and all he does is lying on the floor with no energy.looks very sad and nostalgic.the weather is hot but he seams worse then ever.I'm even struggling to make him drink water.he is just under 2 years old polmoranion .weighs just under 7 kilos.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Your dog's lethargy and inappetence may, indeed, be related to the heat but those symptoms aren't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder. If they've persisted for more than 72 hours, his vet will need to perform a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests and possibly imaging in the form of X-rays or ultrasound in order to clarify the etiology of your dog's malaise. I understand that you didn't come to the site to be told to take your dog to the vet but that's the best advice I can give you at this time. I, too, would need to perform an exam and testing as described above.
Are there any other worrisome symptoms - sneezing, coughing, increased respiratory rate, pale mucous membranes (his gums and tongue should remain nicely pink), vomiting, diarrhea, or lameness?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't access your answer for 3 days after my question to you .so I gave up . Believe it or not i just went into your web site and 2weeks later i see your reply .just to let you my dog is fine now .
Thank you for the good update! I appreciate your taking the time to let me know.