Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

I have a rescue cavalier king charles he is a fantastic dog

Customer Question

I have a rescue cavalier king charles he is a fantastic dog in every way but walking in the lead. As soon as he sees another dog or male he barks and there's nothing stopping him he gets to the point of foaming at the mouth. I have tried giving a treat on the odd occasion he doesn't bark, telling him to sit and talking and stroking him and taking his favourite squeaky toy and try to distract him. Any help would be much appreciated please
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gene replied 2 years ago.
Hi there! I'mCustomer thanks for your question!I have a few questions for you:1. How long have you had Marley?2. Is he neutered?3. Do you have any other pets at home?4. What type of collar/harness do you use?5. Has this behavior gotten worse or better over time?Thanks!