Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has just eaten about 7.5

Our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has just eaten about 7.5 grams of dark chocolate. What should we do? He has not shown any worrying symptoms so far.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How much does Bodger weigh? 2- How long has it been since he ate the chocolate? 3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He weighs about 12kg. He ate it about 20 mins ago. We do not have hydrogen peroxide.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Friend, 7.5 grams of dark chocolate is not going to be toxic to a 12 kg Bodger; he is going to be fine, no symptoms expected. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!