How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Peter Your Own Question
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 31553
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Peter is online now

Our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has just eaten about 7.5

Resolved Question:

Our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has just eaten about 7.5 grams of dark chocolate. What should we do? He has not shown any worrying symptoms so far.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How much does Bodger weigh? 2- How long has it been since he ate the chocolate? 3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He weighs about 12kg. He ate it about 20 mins ago. We do not have hydrogen peroxide.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Friend, 7.5 grams of dark chocolate is not going to be toxic to a 12 kg Bodger; he is going to be fine, no symptoms expected. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Dr. Peter and other Dog Specialists are ready to help you