Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My 10 year old Westie is licking everything excessively and

Customer Question

My 10 year old Westie is licking everything excessively and drinking a lot and has increased appetite even trying to get into the bin. He is grumpy and got less energy than normal. He looks depressed. I'm really worried. What might be the problem.
?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Toby. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help. Excessive licking can be a sign of nausea, or internal disease. Drinking a lot could be diabetes, kidney disease, or Cushing's disease. Cushing's disease is a condition where the adrenal glands overproduce the hormone cortisone, causing weight gain, thirst, increased appetite, change in personality, and other symptoms.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the good rating. Please let me know if I can help with anything else, and how he is doing.